Oh, the great American road trip. Whether you are driving across the country, making a trip to visit our beautiful National Parks or simply just exploring different areas in your state, it is important to pack the right items on your road trip.
Basic safety and materials to have:
While you should always store papers like a copy of your car insurance and license and registration in your vehicle, you should also carry a first aid kit and a roadside emergency kit.
- Spare tire with useful tools+ make sure someone in the car knows how to change it
- Owner’s Manual
Personal Items to pack:
It’s really nice and sometimes imperative to have the following items packed.
- Water bottle
- Car Phone Charger
- Hand sanitizer or wipes
- Car cooler with snacks
- Popular road trip snacks: sunflower seeds, trail mix, jerky, hard candy or suckers or granola bars. Mints and gum are great too.
- Anti-inflammatory medication
- UV window shade
- Blanket or pillow
- Lip Balm/ChapStick
- Notebook, pen or pencil
- Napkins or a roll of paper towels. A roll of toilet paper doesn’t hurt either!
Consider a Roadside Assistance Policy
Roadside Assistance can be added to your car insurance policy and is available from most insurance companies. It can also act as a standalone insurance policy. Roadside assistance can help you if you become stranded from a variety of things including but not limited to:
- Flat Tires
- Dead Battery
- Run Out of Gas
- Lock Yourself Out or Lose Your Keys
- Disabled Vehicle
- Towing if Vehicle Can’t Be Repaired Quickly
- Winching if stuck in mud, snow or sand
We hope your summer road trip is a blast and that this article helps you prepare for your trip as well as stay safe on the road. If you have questions about your insurance, contact us before you leave!